Maple Leaf Services, Inc. was established in 1975 under the original name of Fillmore County Handicapped Services, Inc (FCHS). It was established by a group of people in Fillmore County who wanted an alternative to State Hospital placement for people who were developmentally disabled.
- In 1977 Sunshine Place was developed in Harmony. 12 people moved into this site.
- In 1984 Fillmore Place was developed in Preston. This was an Intermediate Care Facility for Mentally Retarded (ICF/MR). 16 people moved into this site.
- In 1989 we developed our first Supervised Living Service (SLS) in Harmony. 3 people moved from Sunshine Place into this house. In 1990 another house was purchased in Preston and 3 more people moved from Sunshine Place into that house. Another house was purchased in Harmony and the remaining 4 people moved out of Sunshine Place and into that house.
- In 1990 Sunshine Place was sold.
- During the 1990’s we began providing In-Home services. 14 people were provided this service.
- In 2006 we began a Supported Employment Service.
- In 2007 we developed a site in Rushford. 4 people moved into this house.
- In 2008 we changed our name from Fillmore County Handicapped Services to Maple Leaf Services.
- In 2009 we converted our ICF/MR into 2 SLS sites serving 4 people each.